3690 Providence Lane
Pasadena, CA 91104
Job ObjectiveTo expand experience in the field and help better the company as a whole by using my years of experience and attained skills as Dermatology Nurse Practitioner.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge knowledge of imparting specialized care for persons
- Familiarity with dermatologic office procedures and injections
- Ability to treat certain wounds and diseases of the skin
- Ability to educate patients about healthy skin-care habits
- Steep knowledge of NP scope of practice
Dermatology Nurse Practitioner
Erlanger Hospital, Pasadena, CA
August 2005 – Present
- Carried out age appropriate evaluations of patients.
- Conducted assessment and data collection.
- Assisted physicians and clinicians.
- Coordinated with supervising physician and evaluated medical record.
- Handled health problems of patients and coordinated with health care providers.
- Maintained documentation and managed duties of health care team.
- Collaborated in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Mountain State University, Beckley, WV
- Provided medical and cosmetic dermatologic care to a primarily rural population with an emphasis on skin cancer detection, treatment and prevention.
- Evaluated, diagnosed, treated and managed common and rare dermatological conditions.
- Collaborated with supervising physician to best manage complex cases.
- Proficient in the use of NexTech EHR system
- Worked with NexGen EHR system.
- La Vie, a hospital affiliated clinic, closed in June 2015 to transition into a private practice: Savola Aesthetic Dermatology.
- Collaborated with health care team to perform health histories and examinations, diagnose, prescribe medications and manage common acute and chronic skin conditions.
- Performed medical and cosmetic procedures including; cryotherapy, punch and shave biopsies, simple surgical excisions on the trunk and extremities, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, Blu-U, and V-beam laser.
- Assist in the implementation of Nextec Electronic Medical Records System.
- Resigned to pursue a career opportunity at La Vie Dermatology.
- Staff nurse for a 20 bed community emergency department.
- Preceptor to nursing students, paramedics, and new nursing staff.
- Caring for urgent and emergent needs of infants children and adults.
- Resigned to join Charlottesville Dermatology as a full time employee.
- Assistant clinical instructor to fourth year undergraduate nursing students.
- Developed "Nursing Cam" program, which used technology to bring the real world wisdom of the clinical environment into the classroom.
- Staff nurse in a 15 bed Level I trauma center Preceptor to paramedic and nursing students Resigned to pursue graduate studies in Charlottesville Virginia Community Involvement Employee Skin Cancer Screenings, General Electric 2010, 2012 Employee Skin Cancer Screenings, Northrop Grumman 2012 Lead monthly Derm Talks Community Education Series 2011 Volunteer for Martha Jefferson Free Skin Cancer Screening 2010, 2011 General Electric Employee Health Fair 2010.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner 2009-2014.
- RN in Commonwealth of Virginia 2008-2018.
- AANP Certification 2009-2018.
- Authorization to Prescribe in Virginia 2009-2018.